BiPAP is a small, easily operated machine that helps a person with COPD to breathe. When using a BiPAP machine, a person takes in pressurized air through a mask to regulate their breathing pattern while they are asleep or when their symptoms flare. COPD stands for chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder.
The Handypap Bilevel-ST (and their equivalents in the configuration) are intended for the non-invasive ventilation of patients weighing over 30 kg (66 lbs), suffering from respiratory failure or Sleep Apnoea Syndrome (SAS), but who are not dependent on ventilatory assistance. These devices can be used at home or in a sleep centre.
- CPAP mode and Bilevel mode
- Lightweight design
- Integrated power supply
- Easy to carry
- Easy patient / machine Synchronization and adaptation
- Upgradeable pass-over humidifier option
- Device pressure range: 4 cmH2O to 20 cmH2O in CPAP mode 3 cmH2O to 25 cmH2O in Bilevel mode
- Accuracy: ± 0.5 cmH2O
- Increment: 0.5 cmH2O
- Maximum steady limiting pressure at the patient-side connection aperture in single fault condition: PLSmax = 30 cmH2O
- Minimum steady limiting pressure at the patient-side connection aperture in single fault condition: PLSmin ≥ 0 cmH2O
- Ramp duration: 0 to 45 minutes ± 1 minute
- Accuracy: ± 1 minute
- Increment: 5 minutes
- Sound pressure measured in accordance with ISO 17510-1:2002: 27 dBA with humidifier 30 dBA without humidifier
- Air intake filter efficiency: Optional high-efficiency filter.
- Disposable fabric HEPA paper, which is 90% effective for particles > 3 microns.
- High Density Foam (reusable) and is 90% effective with particles > 20 microns.
- 1 Bi-PAP Machine
- Carrying case
- Detachable power supply cord
- User manual